Post-Operative Pain Comparison between Peri-Operative Bupivacaine Infiltration Vs Post-Operative Opioids Analgesics in Patient Undergoing Abdominal Surgery in First 6 Hours

Authors

  • Syeda Hina Zahra Gulab Devi Chest Hospital, Lahore-54600, Pakistan
  • Qudrat Ullah Gulab Devi Chest Hospital, Lahore-54600, Pakistan
  • Usman Ali Rehman Gulab Devi Chest Hospital, Lahore-54600, Pakistan
  • Asif Hanif Gulab Devi Chest Hospital, Lahore-54600, Pakistan
  • Sami Ullah Bhatti Gulab Devi Chest Hospital, Lahore-54600, Pakistan

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.37978/tijfs.v2i2.39

Keywords:

Opiods, Infiltration

Abstract

Abstract:
Background: To compare between opioids and wound infiltration to reduce post-operative pain
in abdominal surgery in first 6 hours, in appropriate treatment, contraindications of treatment and increase mortality of patients. This article presents novel approach to surgical site infiltration techniques and intravenous opioids for abdominal surgery to reduce pain. The main aim of this study is optimal patient comfort rather than reduce pain intensity, reduction offside effects is also an important goal in pain management.
Methodology: Data was collected from surgical department of Gulab Devi Chest Hospital. During
abdominal surgery bupivacaine was given to some patients while other were managed by postoperative opioids and by using designed performa it is concluded that which one of them is better method for post-operative pain management.
Results: This is the descriptive study conducted in Gulab Devi Hospital Lahore.in this study, in
this study minimum age of the patients was 14 and maximum age of the patients was 80. The mean age was 32.16+12.32 years. In this study out of total 100 patients, 18(18.00%) were male patients and 82(82.00%) were females. Female gender predominated in this study. in this study, p-value is 0.00 (<0.05%) so pain relieving chances of bupivacaine infiltration as moderate pain scale were 84% and in distracting pain scale chances in bupivacaine infiltration were 16%.But pain relieving chances of opioids as moderate pain scale were 12.24 % and in distracting pain scale chances in opioids were 87.75%.so peri-operative pain management by bupivacaine infiltration is better than post –operative opioids management in patients undergoing abdominal surgery.
Conclusion: According to my research bupivacaine wound infiltration is better method for postoperative pain management in abdominal surgeries. Our study was conducted at Gulab Devi
Hospital and Services Hospital in an area of pain management by opioids and infiltration, which
may limit the applications of our findings in area of pain management by opioids and infiltration
prevalence.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

Downloads

Published

2018-07-01

How to Cite

Zahra, S. H., Ullah, Q., Rehman, U. A., Hanif, A., & Bhatti, S. U. (2018). Post-Operative Pain Comparison between Peri-Operative Bupivacaine Infiltration Vs Post-Operative Opioids Analgesics in Patient Undergoing Abdominal Surgery in First 6 Hours. The International Journal of Frontier Sciences, 2(2), 26–32. https://doi.org/10.37978/tijfs.v2i2.39

Issue

Section

Article

Most read articles by the same author(s)

1 2 > >> 

Similar Articles

You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.